Glendale CA – Brand Library & Art Center is pleased to be a recipient of a 2016 Love Los Angeles Award presented by Time Out Los Angeles. Nearly 7,800 readers voted for their favorite venues across the Los Angeles region. Brand Library & Art Center received the award in recognition of its exceptional services and resources focused on arts and music and contributions to local culture.
Brand Library & Art Center has been a cornerstone for the arts in Southern California since 1956. This unique public library focuses on visual arts and music and provides free services and programs for a diverse community, including a collection of over 110,000 items, subject specialist librarians, exhibitions, concerts, dance performances, films, and craft programs for children and adults. Brand Library offers engaging tours on the history and lore related to Leslie C. Brand—often called the “father” of Glendale—and the exotic 1904 mansion that he donated to the City for use as a library and museum. Brand Library & Art Center is a branch of the City of Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Department.
Upcoming programs include:
- Make It! Family Craft Program – Saturday, December 10, 10:30am
- Holiday Open House with the Kaleidoscope Trio – Saturday, December 10 & 17, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Book to Art Club – Saturday, January 7, 10:30am
- Music Animated featuring Ancient Homelands – Saturday, January 21, 10:30am
- Brand Associates Music Series with pianist Hui Wu – Saturday, January 28, 2pm